The Day Hospice at Anam Cara Geelong operates on Tuesday, Wednesday (Norlane) and Thursday from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
The aims of the Day Hospice are to:
– Provide a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment for people with a chronic illness or life limiting illness.
– Provide a care environment for guests with complex care needs and illness with support of a Registered Nurse
– Provide a place for guests to come and enjoy a range of activities, education and relaxation.
– Provide respite for carers
– Provide health promotion, sympton management and improved quality of life for guests.
Specially trained volunteers will assist the Registered Nurse to support the guests at the Day Hospice.
Transport assistance to and from Day Hospice can be provided
Lunch and morning and afternoon tea is provided
Please speak to the Day Hospice Manager for referral.
Donations will enable us to continue this valuable service.