Coming in 2022
The New Anam Cara.
The new Anam Cara House will be a home-like, purpose-built facility delivering a wide range of services for people with life-limiting illnesses and their families.
CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Features of the new Anam Cara
We’ve now outgrown our current 4-bed facility. We’re building our new world-class, purpose-built home in a beautiful rural setting, it will include 20 private rooms designed to feel like a home, not a hospital.
The new Anam Cara with have:
- Spacious and comfortable day hospice area
- Consulting and treatment areas
- Spiritual place to meet cultural, belief and religious needs
- A Community Hub providing individual advice and referrals
- A Community Outreach
- Office to coordinate home visits and a range of services to people at all stages of their illness
Want to see the build progress? Watch Nicholson Construction’s video updates.
ACHG is currently building their brand-new facility
Anam Cara Geelong is a place for physical, emotional and spiritual care. The architectural form of our new centre represents this philosophy of care. Anam Cara has worked with Deakin University — creating a research and education partnership (with Deakin’s School of Medicine and Faculty of Health) to establish this facility on a site at Deakin’s Waurn Ponds Campus.
Anam Cara Geelong is fundraising to complete it’s 20 bed facility currently under construction, it will be home-like and purpose built to accommodate a range of hospice services and end of life palliative respite choices for people living with a life-limiting illness.
With elevated views over wineries and farmland, the design by leading architects Tectura, features:
- Specialist rooms comfortably furnished with specialist medical equipment, discretely stored when not in use, creating a respectful, calm and homely atmosphere
- (20) beds for end-of-life care and overnight palliative respite
- Overnight care wings (5) each comprising 4 spacious individual bedrooms with ensuites and a shared living room and dining room
- Rooms large enough for overnight family stays
- Landscaped gardens and outdoor areas with water features and outdoor seating with easily accessible walking paths
- Accredited care operating 24 hours a day
We care for all. The special work of Anam Cara House is available to all — regardless of income or circumstances
Our unique culture of care
Improving quality of care through the expansion and flexibility of options for our community.
A world class facility
Architecturally designed for purpose, built to hospital grade within a home-like setting. There is no facility like this in Australia.
The palliative care community hub
Working with community care agencies to tailor options to meet individual needs allowing people to stay at home for as long as possible and providing the maximum range of choice.
Providing best practice clinical care delivered by experienced specialist palliative care nurses, specialist consultants and GP’s.